YMCA Membership Rates for John P. Thayer YMCA and D.A. Turner YMCA
All Membership Categories are subject to verification. (Valid Driver’s License or State ID)
**Upon registering for an age qualifying Membership category, the applicant must not be less than 30 days away from
their birthday to qualify for that specific category**
Upon joining the YMCA of Metropolitan Columbus, GA, members will have access to all three YMCA branches below:
JOHN P. THAYER YMCA
24 14th Street
Columbus, GA 31901
Mon - Thurs. 5am - 9pm
Fri 5am - 8 pm
Sat. 8am - 4pm
D.A. Turner YMCA
4384 Warm Springs Rd.
Columbus, GA 31909
Mon - Fri. 6am - 9pm
Sat. 8am - 5pm; Sun 1pm - 5pm
A.J. McClung YMCA Youth & Teen Center
1175 Martin Luther King Blvd.
Columbus, GA 31906
Mon - Fri. 1pm - 8pm
Sat. PROGRAMS ONLY
(1) Complete a Membership Application
(2) Show a state issued ID for all applicants 15+ years
(3) Provide a voided check (or bank statement from bank verifying account holder's name, type of account, routing number, and account number) or a debit/credit card at the time of registration
(4) Pay the joining fee and the prorated first-month dues at the time of enrolling
* If applicant it utilizing another party's bank account the account holder must be present and able to provide a valid state ID at the time of registration.
*The primary member is the only member permitted to make any changes to the membership.
All applicants must show proof of living at the same address. Children must live in the household.
Non-sufficient Fund Procedure:
If your check/ACH draft or debit/credit card is returned for insufficient funds, the YMCA reserves the right to return the item in an electronic format for the original amount and the minimum fee of $30.
No contracts! Cancel any time with a 30-day written notice to your YMCA home branch.
Each guest is entitled to 2 free visits per year with a valid photo ID.
Each member is allowed to bring 2 guests at a time. NO GUESTS ALLOWED ON WEEKENDS.
*Guests are not entitled to utilize the Swimming Pool, Child Watch, or Climbing Wall.
*Guests must be accompanied by a member in order to utilize the gymnasium during Open Gym hours.
Pool & Spa Attire:
Only Spandex/Nylon Swimsuit material is permitted.
Cover-ups: Only Aquatic designed, a tank-top, or t-shirt is allowed.
Towel Service ($10.00) and Locker Rental ($12.00) is an additional amenity available at our John P. Thayer YMCA.
Towels will be available upon each visit to the YMCA.
Locker Rental includes laundry and towel service plus your own locker to secure your belongings.
Click Here for a Membership Application.